A pitch deck is an essential tool for any entrepreneur, and learning how a competition pitch deck is laid out is vital. Also, learn tips and tricks to speak with confidence, present to an audience, and create a compelling presentation video.
- Walk through the most important aspects of a Pitch Deck step-by-step.
- Discover what judges are looking for on each slide and learn how to prepare for competitions.
- Identify free and easy to use resources to craft a compelling presentation.
- Develop essential skills on public speaking, presentation, and recording a video.
- Gain practice reading and grading on a rubric.
Part 7.4 Task List:
- Watch the video above to learn more about an essential part of an entrepreneur’s toolkit.
- Explore the materials tab for extra resources.
- Begin working on your slides for your competition submission.
- Complete the Presentation Practice and submit the assignment as a PDF file.
- After completing the three tasks above, you are ready to move on to the Next Topic.
Listen as experts Kimberly and Joseph Minafra weigh in about what can make competitors stand out in their competition.
- ☄️ ASSIGNMENT: Presentation Practice
- At this point, you should have completed a storyboard and have a basic narrative outline of your business idea.
- Use this storyboard to practice speaking out loud and putting your presentation skills to the test.
- While recording yourself, practice telling your story as if it were your final presentation in front of a panel of judges.
- Re-watch this recording and use the rubric in the document above to score yourself. This is a great way to loosen up and prepare for your final presentation recording.
- Save the document as a PDF file and submit using the assignment tool below.