Launch into the world of aerospace entrepreneurship with your students in Spring of 2023!
The commercial space industry to estimated to reach over $1 trillion in revenue by the year 2040. There has never been a better time to learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and explore the vast array of opportunities in the world of commercial space by incorporating entrepreneurship education into your classroom and empowering your students to become Certified Space Entrepreneurs in the Space Entrepreneurs Academy.
This 8-part course guides participants through the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, interspersed with videos and content from professionals in the aerospace and commercial space industries. Designed to be completed asynchronously over the course of 8 weeks, students will have the flexibility to move through the materials on their own and explore their particular passions through individualized assignments. Teachers, after school program coordinators, and parents can use the Academy to build on existing programs and introduce their students to new concepts and opportunities.
This one-of-a-kind program culminates in an actual entrepreneurship competition where participants can put the skills they have learned to the test when they create a product or service for the commercial space industry and pitch their ideas to a panel of judges. No prior knowledge is required. Designed for high school students. Students can compete in teams of up to 3 participants.
About Instructor Packs
If you are an educator, parent, or club sponsor looking to use Space Entrepreneurs Academy curriculum in your programs, the Instructor Packs are a great option for student groups. Purchasing a Pack gives you the following:
- Course access for 1 educator
- Educator entrance to free virtual professional development workshops
- A direct line of communication to the Institute of Competition Sciences to guide you through the Academy
- Course access for up to 5, 10, or 20 students
After purchasing one of the Instructor Packs, within 1 business day you will receive an email with a coupon code enabling 5, 10, or 20 of your students to register for the Self-Directed course for free. By attending the Educator Workshops, you will experience the curriculum yourself, learn tips & tricks for working through the program with students, and have a chance to ask questions and share experiences with others.
For a breakdown of exactly what each of these packs includes, please refer to the table below.
Educator Workshop Information:
- To help guide your students or club through the curriculum of the Academy and the Pitch Competition, educators that purchase a class pack will also receive access to 4 professional development workshops. Look out for an announcement of our Spring 2023 Educator Workshop Dates, coming soon.
Participants that complete the academy and competition will:
- Have a new understanding of the changing landscape of entrepreneurship and the commercial space industry.
- Learn the skills of a competitor and tools to search for, participate in, and win future entrepreneurship competitions.
- Understand the cycle of entrepreneurship from ideation and market research to manufacturing and finance.
- Become Certified Space Entrepreneurs and use their credential to stand out on college applications and competitions.
Entrepreneurship topics covered include:
- Understanding Customers
- Business Operations
- Becoming a Better Competitor
Aerospace topics covered include:
- Earth Observations
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Space Stations Design & Manufacturing
- Satellite Design & Manufacturing
- Materials & Space-based manufacturing
Hear from experts at the following companies:
- Nanoracks LLC
- Blue Skies Space
- Space & Satellite Professionals International
- ISS National Laboratory
- Ursa Major
- Talaris Therapeutics
- Spaceport America
- Miles Space
- Maana Electric